Thursday, May 28, 2009

Noah's Ears

**Im just going to say don't read or look at the picture if you have a weak stomach.**

That being said, Noah has had a ruff month with his ears. He has always had to have them flushed out due to extremely small Ear canals but this month has been bad. He is on his 2nd infection this month. Poor kid :(. Tuesday he is playing outside with his friends and starts crying cause the wind hitting his ear hurts. I take a look and his ear has dried puss blocking it. It was pretty gross. I took this picture after I had cleared most of it outta the way. I couldn't do anymore due to his pain. So I call the doctor's office and this really nice, sweet, helpful nurse couldn't do anything for us. Actually I was told "Well I'm not sure what else we can do for him, we have flushed his ears out twice this month already." Yeah that went over like a fart in church with me. So I guess you can tell it didn't go so well with them and off to the ER we went. After a 3 hour wait (lets face it ear infections are not high on the list) we finally saw a DR for about ohhhh 2 minutes. Big shock its infected and gave us meds. Didn't clean the ear out to help the medicine get threw or anything. Thanks DR!! So the next day rolls around and I can't get any meds in his ear, I know I was shocked too. Back on the phone with that really helpful Nurse again and this time I was told "Since you were seen in the ER we can get you in today" How AWESOME! But she gave us a Dr that was about has helpful as the ER Doctor so we got no help. I'm sorry she was more concerned with Noah's asthma that has been under control since Winter but didn't want to believe me. Thank you very much! At this point in time I'm ready to fly Noah back to Oregon to see Dr. Rash and just get this taken care of. But we settled for Dad laying Noah on the island in the kitchen and using (sterile) dental picks to scrap out the wax. Good times here in Hampton, Good times!!!

In case you haven't guessed we will be switching Doctors here in NH, once they find Noah's records that they have "misplaced" for the last 3 months. So the last few days have been up and down with Noah. He was able to go back to Soccer today and seemed to do just fine. Tomorrow will be his 1st day back at School this week too.

No comments: