Saturday, February 2, 2008

Childrens Festival

Today was Newport's Annual Children's Festival. This is something we have gone to the last 3 years. However this year, Noah's preschool decided to have a booth. Parents were asked to volunteer in slots of 2 hours. I signed up from 10-12pm. I have been sick the last couple of days and Bryce is starting to get it too. But I knew that the parent involvement was lacking so I didn't want to back out. I painfully wake up this morning to get going when the station calls. Ben got called into work so I was taking both boys. We got there about 10am to find nobody from Cubby Preschool there. The boys and I started to set up the booth as kids came pouring in. Another Mom soon joined and it got crazy quick. The boys were sooooo good for me. I was so happy with them. I got them both smoothies before and they sat behind me drinking their smoothies and playing together. It was great. With about 30 minutes to go I got them both up and walked them around the Festival. At this point Bryce started to get fussy fast. We rushed to do a few activities then went outside with the horses and Police car. Bryce loved the cop and his car. He wanted to stay there the whole time. Funny thing is he did!! Noah wanted to play on the playground and Bryce wanted to stay. Since I knew to cop (and Noah's teacher stayed with him) I left Bryce to play with the Police car. I came back to find the Cop holding Bryce and his was just cracking up laughing. It was too cute. I didn't get very many pictures due to all the chaos but here are a few. The Police Officer took some pictures of the boys in the back of the car and he said it would probably make the newspaper since he just LOVED the boys so much.

All in all it was a good day. We are home napping now then back to the station to have dinner with Dad tonight.












1 comment:

Huston Family said...

How could anyone not LOVE your boys! They are so adorable I just want to eat them up!!! Looks like they both had a blast!!!