Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter Storms....

Another winter is almost over here in NH. And let me just go on the record and say, I'm over winters in NH!!!! I miss the CA sunshine, I miss the days when a day of rain was too much to handle and when I thought 45 degrees was freezing and I needed to stay inside all day long. Boy oh Boy was I spoiled!

I'm happy to report that we did not have as much snow this year or an ice storm so that's nice. Don't get me wrong we still have plenty of snow so if anyone wants some just let me know :). And we had plenty of cold bitter days. This winter we have been blessed with the winds. Coming from the Pac Nor West these winds have been no big deal to us, however to the state of NH they have been the worst thing ever! You would think that a state who has always had cold, snowy winters and I'm sure this wasn't their 1st time with winds would be more equipped to deal with it, ya we thought so too but we are all wrong my friends. So of course we lost power for 2 1/2 days, some people are still without power, so sad. To make this more challenging add a newborn baby and a Mom still recovery from a c-section and it makes for a fun couple of days. Now of course when you lose power in NH it totally SUCKS! Not only is it cold, but our house just so happens to be on a septic system and well water. So along with no heat we have no running water, can not flush toilets (with a family of 4 isn't fun) no lights, no power to anything, good times. Lucky for us our friends let us borrow their generator so it all worked out okay, except the amount of gas you spend to keep it running. So if you can't tell Im soooo over winters in NH. I would much rather take the 100+ winds and non stop rain the Pac Nor West has to offer over this. At least they are set up to handle such things.

And now its trying to deciede if it wants to snow or rain out today. So I'm sure the roads and walkways are a slushy mess. Which will just be perfect getting Bryce and Chloe out to get Noah from school in a few hours.

No comments: