Friday, September 24, 2010

And so it begins

Bryce is going to be the kid that gives me a reason to blog EVERYDAY, at least while school is in. These poor teachers have no idea what they are in for. I say this because it has taken me 4 years, the first 2 were painful, to figure Bryce out. Part of me is afraid to let someone else handle him in fear that he will change and also in fear that he is MY baby, I'm the only one who can help him, I'm the kisser, hugger, tear catcher, lover of the Tylenol bottle when he screams, the take a deep breath its going to be okay person. He was a very difficult baby and while he has gotten much better he still has his "Bryce moments" and I know better then anyone that they can be draining. All this said he is still my little boy and would not have him any other way, to me he is PERFECT!

I walk in his school today and he is sitting down playing, everything seems fine. Then he stands up and limps over to me holding his knee with this look of "Mom my knee is about to fall off I am in so much pain" Then his teachers sit me down and explain to me that he took a fall today at recess. He fell off the rock the kids all climb and got a cut. Let me tell you this cut is more like a finger nail scratch and to most kids it would have never even phased them. But not our Bryce. He screamed like he had broken his knee, had to be carried into class to clean it up, and would NOT walk for an hour they said.

Being the over sympathetic Mom I am...I burst into laughter. The teachers look at me like I'm some crazy Mom and then start laughing with me. They said they tried everything to calm him down and he just wasn't going for it. They felt much better after talking to me about what took place and I walked out with my still limping 4 year old Bryce ;)

No comments: