Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. Ours was pretty laid back. Ben had duty all weekend and overnight on Friday and Sunday, grrrrr. The boys are going crazy waiting to see their Dad and so am I. I don't remember the last time Ben had to stand overnight so 2 in 3 days was an adjustment for us all.

Friday~ we hung out with Brandie and the kids. Played outside most the day, it was beautiful. Took the kids out to dinner then back outside to play.




Noah wouldn't stand still long enough to take a picture.

Saturday~ we hung out waiting for Ben. He finally got home to rush out the door an hour later for his basketball game. Noah got to go with him. And Bryce and I stayed back to boil some eggs. He got home, we dyed eggs and rushed the kids to bed.

Sunday~ HAPPY EASTER! I had planned our annual block Easter Egg Hunt again this year, so when we woke up Sunday morning to wind and rain I was totally bummed out. Then the phone started with questions of a back up plan. Back up plan? UH? The majority still wanted to go out. So everyone bundled up the kids and we had a great Oregon Hunt. We had about 13 houses participate and had about 500 egg total. Kids had a blast and once everyone realized I didn't control the weather I had fun too :)

No comments: