Saturday, May 17, 2008

Friday Night Ramblings

What a week! Lots has gone on but heck if I can really remember what took place. Now that's bad, I know. The last few days have been beautiful in Newport. I'm talking well over 70 degrees. Our CG picnic went well, didn't finish invites for graduation but worked on the new playground a little. Zeus got fixed and his home doing great. The boys are doing wonderful and are enjoying all the heat. Poor Bryce has daddy's skin and is really trying to enjoy the sunshine. Ben has been busy with work, warm weather will bring some crazies to the beach. And it's Halibut season. Good times for Ben.

Today the boys and I took of with some friends out to the Lake. Our friend has some property out on a Lake so it was just us. We had a great time. Spent about 4 hours playing in the water and running around. The boys were sound asleep before we even got off the property. It was triple digits out there so the river felt great to get into. Noah had a blast throwing things out and swimming to get them. Bryce of course thought he could swim to and would go running out. He thought it was so funny to fall head first into the water. Crazy kid!

And even better news.....we are getting our couch replaced! OK not totally replaced but every cushion is being replaced. That's 13 cushions (backs too) And yes we have a really big couch. Our couches came with a lifetime warranty (for the price the better have) Well the one cushion has been a little off, so they came out today and said that every cushion looked worn out so they would send out all new ones. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I thought for sure we would be pulling teeth to get this fixed. I know they have fast service because my ottoman was replaced a while back and we had it back to us in 2 weeks. We explained to them we were moving and said no big deal. Any Staton dealer would be able to come repair them as long as we owned them. Super excited about that. However, not too excited to come home and hear that a pretty expensive part Ben just got from Summitt fell off the UPS truck. Yep some guy picked up Ben's part in the road, it had been run over a few times and was just in bad shape. Ben went and got the box it was bad. I wonder how long it will take them to realize they "lost it"? Have I told everyone that Ben's truck is working as of last week? Yeah, I'm not getting into that right now.

We have our garage sale tomorrow, wish us luck! Hopefully everything big sells. Sunday I'm hoping to sit around and do absolutely nothing with my boys. I'm even thinking of hiring someone to do the laundry. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

No comments: