Monday, January 7, 2008

Sick Again

What a day. Bryce has had this horrible cough all weekend so the boys and I woke up early and started our day and the Doctor's office. Of course Noah was just thrilled to see Dr. Rash and Bryce was just pissed about it. I don't know how my children can be so opposite about their feelings for Dr. Rash. As soon as the nurse walked in Bryce lost it. She hadn't even closed the door yet and he was hysterical. It was great:) Soon after the nurse left Ben walked in. I was so happy to see he was able to make it. Noah sat in the corner reading books like a great little boy and Ben and I just kept Bryce happy. Dr. Rash came in and Bryce starting waving and saying "bye bye" to him. When he sat down instead of leave it was back to tears for Bryce. Noah on the other hand would not stop going on and on. He had to tell Dr. Rash everything from his new hair cut to the new shoes he had on. I didn't think we were going to make it out of their by noon.

Diagnosis~ Bryce has been officially diagnoses with Asthma just like Noah. Lucky us. He has an infection in his lungs which has made his asthma kick in too. It is safe to say he has it worse then Noah ever did. Poor baby had such a hard time over the weekend trying to breath. He gets episodes which Noah never really got, so that scares me. Dr. Rash wrote us and RX to just buy the Nebulizer since we have rented it so many times. So we are now the proud owners of a Nebulizer!!

After we left the office Ben heading back to work. I took off to Lincare to get the Nebulizer, bank, lunch and hopefully hit ride aid before we had to come home for naps. Well Lincare was just a cluster f*@! to say the least. Noah was past his "Ive been good for too long phase" and Bryce was just miserable. So after a half hour of waiting they came out to ask if I was on a time frame? I wasn't very pleased with this. I left and came back about 30 min later. We went to the back where they proceeded to have all the wrong paper work for me to fill out. And the frickin lady wanted to sit there and read me every freakin line like I was some idiot. That didn't fly either. So 10 minutes later I had the new paper work, filled it out (without a babysitter) and took my nebulizer home.

We hit the bank and drove threw to get some lunch. I still have yet to make it to Rite Aid for his meds yet. After his nap we will head that way. I'm sure Rite Aid will not have them ready.

Is it time for me to go to work yet?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Aww, poor baby!

Skyler sends her sympathies as she has the same crappy lungs (she got hers from me though) and she says that her "oval" (singulair) makes her feel all better.

I hope the little guy is doing better soon!

Oh and I was cracking up when you said that he was waving "bye bye" to the doctor. :-)